- Studied medicine at the Johannes-Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany
- Doctorate in medicine from the Johannes-Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany
- Residency in surgery at the Rüsselsheim City Hospital
- Surgeon (since 1996)
- Research assistant at the Clinic and Ambulatory Centre for Trauma Surgery, Johannes-Gutenberg University of Mainz — completed specialist training for trauma surgery
- Additional specialist training in hand surgery at the St. Marien Hospital in Siegen, Germany.
- Senior Physician (Oberarzt) at the Clinic for Hand Surgery in Siegen, Germany
- Admitted as accident insurance consultant for serious hand injuries
- Co-owner of a joint practice (Gemeinschaftspraxis) for surgery located in Kelkheim and Königstein, Germany
- Co-operation with Jung Dental Clinic, Pfungstadt, to provide surgical care in the area of bone extraction (since 2005)
- Solo practice (Einzelpraxis), Bettina Weyland, Dr. med.