THE PLACE TO GO FOR BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY TEETH
Toothache is extremely unpleasant, but it has the clear function of highlighting a defect or inflammation that should be taken seriously. Visiting a dentist with comprehensive and modern diagnostic equipment can help you get to the root of the problem. Toothache is often caused by inflammation in and around the root that is completely invisible and, if untreated, can rapidly lead to the loss of one or more teeth. Our primary goal is to preserve your natural tooth substance. As long as there is any hope, we do whatever we can to save diseased teeth. One of the treatment methods is root canal therapy.
„OUR GOAL IS TO PRESERVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH SUBSTANCE. IF THIS IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE, WE EXPLAIN WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.“
- Dr. med. dent. Katharina Büchel
ADVANCED ENDODONTICS USING LASER-ASSISTED TREATMENT
Infections or injuries can damage or destroy the soft tissue inside the tooth (pulp). With an optimal healing process, a root canal can save a tooth that would otherwise have to be extracted. Diseased or dead tissue is removed from the tooth interior and replaced with a special material. Even with major infections and chronic inflammation, our laser-assisted treatment achieves excellent results. We also work with photo-activated therapy.
This uses highly effective light-activated gel to disinfect all of the canaliculi in the root and rid it of the bacteria causing the inflammation. In many cases, this modern and effective method enables us to avoid surgery. However, a comprehensive diagnostic examination is used to consider in advance which treatment will be more effective for you in the long term. If there is no hope of saving a tooth, we will inform you and provide comprehensive advice on the various treatment methods available.
“At last I have no more pain”
“I had severe toothache and when I went to the Jung Dental Clinic they diagnosed an inflamed root. I had comprehensive root canal therapy using a laser and photo-activated disinfection. Luckily the therapy was successful – I didn’t need any surgery and the tooth could be cured and saved. Finally the pain has gone!
Dr Gabriele Jung-Reggelin describes the treatment: The situation was particularly complex because the inflammation was located directly on the mandibular nerve (branch of the trigeminal nerve), meaning that root end surgery was out of the question.
The treatment began by opening up the root and examining it using a high-resolution operating microscope. The root canal was then cleaned using ultrasound to make sure that no infected tissue remained. A special laser was used to reach even the smallest canals in the tooth.
The laser was also shot into the root canal to remove the bacteria from difficult-to-reach areas. Photo-activated disinfection (PAD) was then performed, during which a highly effective gel was applied in the root canal and activated using a special light. The gel extends the disinfection effect and thus also reaches the accessory canals. A calcium hydroxide-based medication was then applied, also for disinfection purposes. Releasing calcium encouraged bone regeneration. The medication was then reapplied every six weeks.
Once the root canal had been thoroughly cleaned, it was filled: thanks to modern dentistry and high-tech treatment methods, it was possible to save this tooth without the risk of damaging the mandibular nerve. The bone defect was fully treated. Six months later, the tooth was fully healed and free from pain.
ROOT CANAL THERAPY
- In advance: comprehensive diagnosis and precise treatment planning, including weighing up the chances of saving an infected tooth
- Preservation of your natural tooth substance by means of root canal therapy or root end surgery
- Laser-assisted treatment for a higher chance of success
- Photo-activated disinfection (PAD): a highly effective light-activated gel is used to disinfect all canaliculi
- Use of a microscope for a precision procedure
WHY A DENTAL CLINIC?
The Jung Dental Clinic offers services that no conventional dental practice can.
- High-tech, next-generation technical equipment of the highest international standards
- Top experts for every area of treatment under one roof
- General anaesthesia administered by highly specialised anaesthesiologists in a safe medical environment in our own anaesthesiology department
- In-house dental lab for quick response times
- Exclusively certified, biocompatible, top-quality materials in all areas
- Anxiety- and pain-free treatment even in extreme cases
- 25 years’ experience with over 50,000 implant surgical treatments performed
- Efficient time management for short treatment times
- State-of-the art computer tomography (CT) for safe treatment: multiple CT imaging for accurate 3D diagnostics as needed